Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Sunny Day at Cardiff Bay

Sorry it has been a while! Summer becomes so hectic at times with everything going on and it has been hard to find some time to actually write.

I thought I would write this post about my weekend in Cardiff to visit a university friend. The weather over the past couple of days has been so lovely and warm and we were so lucky to have such beautiful weather over the weekend.

As everyone had really busy schedules we only really got to spend one full day in Cardiff but that one day was definitely worth it!
By the time we had gotten ready and out of the house, it was already one o clock so we only spent an hour or so in the city centre. I really loved the city centre for shopping because of the spacious environment with lots of choices in terms of the shops. While shopping we even managed to catch a few minutes of the women's Wimbledon final on the big screen outside where there was a really lively atmosphere amongst the locals in the long awaited summer weather. 
After a brief shopping trip (which did involve some new purchases) we spent the rest of the day admiring the beauty of Cardiff bay in the gorgeous sunlight!

 My outfit
Skirt: Miss Selfridge (2013)
Top: River Island
Cardigan: Topshop

Here I am looking out onto the view from a tasty ice cream place called Cadwalader's, a chain cafe with many of the cafe's being situated within Wales. A sunny day out is incomplete without an ice cream, and after an early dinner we headed towards the busy cafe. As I was still quite full up I wanted to go for something refreshing and light, so I chose the sorbet, which was a great choice! It was a tango sorbet (like the drink) which is very different, but was so mouth watering and very fruity. It was exactly the kind of choice I was going for, so I couldn't be more pleased.



I loved it so much that I was sad when it was gone!

 My friends both went for the coffee and walnut which they also both loved! 

The spot we were sitting in was so relaxing and we loved the view so much that we decided to take some more summery snaps while we were there!




A calm moment gazing out into the distance.

To finish the day off, we took a nice stroll along the harbour before heading back. The cool breeze was perfect and it was such a beautiful evening around the bay. 

A classic group photo to end our day at the bay. (Shame about the shopping bags in the way but it does represent the day)

Throughout the day the bay had been full of people but in the evening it became even more vibrant with live music playing while people sat outside with food and drinks. It was such a lively atmosphere and for a moment it really felt like I was on a summer holiday in somewhere like Spain or Italy. 

As we walked home the sun was starting to set and it was looking so beautiful that I could not resist taking one more snap of the road back to my friends house.


It was definitely a day to remember and I recommend it to all of you. If you have no plans this year for a big holiday then take a trip to Cardiff and if you are as lucky as me to get such amazing weather, I guarantee you will fall in love with the city! 
The next day came and we didn't want to leave but come midday we had to say goodbye to the welsh city and head on back into London where soon after we reached we were very happy to find that Andy Murray had won the Wimbledon final which really was the cherry on top to a really lovely summer weekend away!

Jaina...Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment