Wednesday 5 June 2013

Summer Nails :)

Pastel colours are one of my favourite things about the summer season. A few months of light, bright and beautiful colours is what summer is all about!

So the exam was finally over and I was back at home relaxing. One thing that needed to be redone however were my nails and with the time I had on my hands, I was feeling creative!
 
The problem I always seem to have when painting my nails is which colour to choose. This time it was between , the two colours which I love at the moment, my Barry M mint green which I purchased recently and a Topshop one which is a bright nude/light coral kind of colour. So I thought as I was in a creative mood, why not try both?


Firstly I chose the base coat to be the mint green and painted all of my nails that colour with around 3 coats. I then let it dry for a good while and carried on doing some other things once they were dry. A couple of hours later I went back to them with some sellotape. Yes an odd thing to need for doing your nails, but it works a treat!

I placed the sellotape diagonally across half of each nail and then painted the coral colour over the half which did not have sellotape covering it. This is a great tip as you can be as messy as you want, which is perfect for me as I have the most shaky hands. 

After doing this make sure you have given it a good while to dry before removing the sellotape.

I was so pleased with the outcome! However it seemed like there was still something missing... glitter! I rummaged through my nail box and found the perfect glitter nail varnish with shades of light blue. The brand itself is not a well-known one however just look out for a clear based nail varnish with light blue glitter, I am sure many brands will have a similar type to the one I used.



The two coats of glitter and WOW it looked great. The outcome was amazing and I could not be more pleased with my summery nails. To show them off I even decided to go and take a few photos in the garden with a nice summery backdrop :)



And there you go... my beautiful pastel nails! I really love this half half idea and I will be trying it out for all seasons, I can already think of so many amazing colour combinations to try out.. :)

Jaina...Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment